Friday, March 10, 2006

It's My Birthday!

The day was flooded with phone calls. And one in particular was an invitation to a family dinner at Sheraton Subang. Luckily, time flew in my favour due to the workload I was handling. Great! Time to meet the family!

As usual, I was fashionably late. But then again, so was everyone… it’s the family norm. Funny, but somehow it works for us ‘coz we always turn up at the same time even if, we’re not on time.

I love family gatherings. It makes me feel so important; being the youngest uncle and all. Not just that, but also the fact that our family is huge! Every time we go out, we always have to split the table… the kids and their au pairs, and the adults… us. Both our parents come from families that value the principles of togetherness and respect – “Big equates Power”. So naturally, our upbringing too was nurtured with these principles we have managed to preserve, and hopefully carry on.

Besides, how often do we get free dinners, eh? :P

No comments: