Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tongue-in-cheek moment

Something odd happened today but instead of throwing fits about it, I was rather intrigued.

I asked the maid to prepare 2 packets of Maggi Instant Curry Noodles, which happen to be the only snack in the larder that had not exceeded the expiry date. Simple instructions were given:

- Half-cooked
- 1 egg
- Use less water for the soup

I went outside and meddled with my car for a bit.

After a few minutes, I went back in, and saw her walking back to the kitchen holding an empty tray.

Brilliant!

It's ready!

My bedroom door flies open...

*Record Scratch*

There's a bowl of steaming soggy soupless noodles on the coffee table.

I was on the way back to the kitchen, when I realised... I got what I asked for.

How?

Half-cooked noodles with just enough water to cover the surface at cooking time will only give you just that - water gets absorbed into the noodles as it softens...

I arrived the kitchen, and before I said anything... the maid started to explain the Naked Science.

I wouldn't say anything.

I couldn't.

So I pretended that I needed more Root Beer, and scurried back to my room.

I must say, it actually tasted damn good, with all the soup in the noodles.

No need to use the spoon.

Kill two birds with one stone.

What d'ya know, huh?

Silly?

Genius.

Remember Osmosis?

Or perhaps t'was just a simple case of a 'sponge-in-pail' episode...

:P

No comments: