Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Diclofenac Overkill

I was at the doctor's today. I ran out of painkillers so I had to go out and get somemore or I'd die. The pain is so unbearable, it became a chore, just to swallow my own saliva.

Chore? Pfft...

Little did I know, the best way to cure this tonsillitis and ulcer is to get an antibiotics jab... in the ass! I mean, what's my ass got to do with my throat anyways? And, I've always despised ass jabs 'coz it's such a government hospital practice, and it sounds cheap too! Missionary style (upper/lower arm) would be more macho, I would have thought. But if need be, so be it... rather than getting a jab at the throat, right?!

Silly!

Though I wasn't supposed to go to work (doctor's order... it has always been that way) :P but I felt guilty having to leave it not for just one day, but two since tomorrow is Hari Raya Haji. So I went in to divert some emails I was expecting from overseas, and picked up some work to bring home. It was pretty quiet, I could tell even before parking the car. It's not normal to get a sweet parking spot right infront (or at the back, in my case) of the building, but I guess today wasn't the typical day as most staff would have taken the day off anyway.

So, another drugged up day... and apparently for the next 4 days. I'm just chuffed that I won't be able to eat anything at the family luncheon tomorrow.

Life's a bitch sometimes... shucks!

No comments: