Thursday, January 19, 2006

Cold Storage

I've never felt so uncertain about the future until today. As much as I want to deliberate on this, I just can't. It's a very sensitive issue. It's to the extent that my fears may soon be realized if I start talking openly about it.

Life is so unfair, so they say. But if it wasn't, would it make things better? Should the word, "alternative" or even "backup", exist? It may, but it could carry a different meaning. Crazy, u think? Maybe. But whatever it is, it can't possibly match the fears that I've now started to think about.

A lot of us tend to take things for granted. Lighting up a cigarette with a disposable lighter is good example. How many of us actually thought of the possibility that a lighter may explode while trying to light it? I did once, back in prep school in England when a Korean friend of mine told us that most lighters in Korea comes with a liability cover of up to a million Won if any of it were to explode during usage. So it could explode. How long did the conscience last? Not very long, I must admit. But, even a beautiful rose don't last that long. With any luck, it may, as a Pot Pourri, a Rotten Pot, that will eventually be thrown away, somehow, someday.

Ironic as it seems, this was exactly what happened to a certain someone today.

For a few months, I was kept in cold storage. But I didn't just sit quietly and freeze to death. I survived. With some protest, I made myself think that I deserved it and learn from my mistakes, which I am still clueless about. When I got out, I hoped and prayed that nobody else will have to go through the same thing.

Unfortunately, the dark side has taken control again. The predator has identified yet another prey. Only this time, it came with a frosty ultimatum, the likes of a beer mug, kept chilled in the freezer, waiting for a weary traveller, to order a pint.

But then again, not everyone drinks beer.

No comments: