Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saved by the 'bang'...

In case you're wondering why bang is in inverted commas, I meant the Azhan...

I had a DVD marathon today, in the hopes of catching up with new movies I've been missing lately. It started with a Thai movie, Dorm (as in dormitory), about a young boy who was being transferred to a boarding school in the middle of the semester feeling lonely and abandoned. He learns of a story about a closed pool and the child that drowned in it a few years back - I won't go through the whole plot 'coz I don't wanna ruin anything. Besides, I'm not very good at film critics anyway...

More than half-way through You, Me & Dupree, R called to say that he's finished with classes and suggested to buka outside. I was kinda glad that he called, 'coz it gave me a solid excuse for not having to finish watching the whole movie as it was already 6pm and I had to get out of my stinkin' peejays - The worst movie I've seen (not like I've been watching much) this year!

Disappointing.

So, R came along, I was ready, and we turbo-ed up to Fatty Crab, scored a parking space first time around, and was greeted by Aunty Red (hair) who prompted us to a table right at the entrance next to a Malay couple, which was good, 'coz those who know me should already know that I hate doing the meandering-around a crowd of strangers who would size others up as if they have the right to do so. Nevermind the buzzcocks, we decided not to order the crab this time, but make do with the usual spread of chicken wings, garlic prawns and fried rice, and more wings!

Now this is the part where this entry's title come to play...

Since I haven't really introduced R before this, I might as well do before you let your imaginations do the tango!

R: a/s/l - 20's/M/Uranus (SS19, Subang Jaya)

Can say that we're quite close, given the fact that we both studied in the UK, grew up together, and one of the only few relatives on my dad' side, other than his bro and sis, who is around my age. They say, if the same blood runs through your veins, you could even think alike. I say, we're the living proof!

Anyway, the sugar cane juices came, and despite several solid reminders about us fasting, his ignorance was so overwhelming that he slurped 'em clean. But guess what? The Azhan only started when he was already halfway through! Pretending that nothing happened, I proceeded to sip my drink politely (while giving R the "doh!" look) as the other Malays did. What was R's reaction?

He cheekily said with a grin, "Saved by the bang?"

We laughed hysterically.

Typical.

Grin.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

ahahahaha....

the glass really is half empty in his case!